Knowing a patient’s biomarker profile can inform treatment decisions and open up
new targeted therapy options1–3
High-quality next-generation sequencing (NGS) helps you see beyond the tumour origin to exactly which mutations are driving that cancer.4
Targeted therapies are being studied to advance treatment options for patients with actionable biomarkers7,8
High-quality NGS can help inform treatment decisions and open up new targeted therapy options for patients1,9,25,26
Precision medicine expands treatment options and approaches for patients, including traditional cancer therapies and emerging targeted therapies, with the aim of achieving the best possible outcome for the patient5
CNS, central nervous system; NGS, next-generation sequencing; NSCLC, non-small cell lung cancer.
1. Rozenblum AB, et al. J Thorac Oncol 2017;12:258–268.
2. Schwaederle M, Kurzrock R. Oncoscience 2015;2:779–780.
3. Mansinho A, et al. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 2017;17:563–565.
4. Frampton GM, et al. Nat Biotechnol 2013;31:1023–1031.
5. Bode AM, Dong Z. NPJ Precis Oncol 2018;2:1.
6. Roche.com. What is Personalised Healthcare all about? Available from: https://www.roche.com/about/priorities/personalised_healthcare/what_is_phc.htm (Accessed November 2020).
7. Vaishnavi A, Le AT, Doebele RC. Cancer Discov 2015;5:25–34.
8. Amatu A, Sartore-Bianchi A, Siena S. ESMO Open 2016;1:e000023.
9. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines).
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. V.6.2020, 2020. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nscl.pdf (Accessed November 2020).
10. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines). Breast Cancer. V.6.2020, September 8 2020. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/breast.pdf (Accessed November 2020).
11. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines). Acute Myeloid Leukemia. V.1.2021, October 14 2020. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/aml.pdf (Accessed November 2020).
12. Lange AM, Lo HW. Cancers (Basel) 2018;10.
13. Baumgart M, Pandya K. Exp Rev Precis Med Drug Dev 2016;1:25–36.
14. Leonetti A, et al. Cancer Treat Rev 2018;66:82–94.
15. European Society for Medical Oncology. BRAF in Colorectal Cancer: ESMO Biomarker Factsheet. Available at: https://oncologypro.esmo.org/Education-Library/Factsheets-on-Biomarkers/BRAF-in-Colorectal-Cancer (Accessed November 2020).
16. Dearden S, et al. Ann Oncol 2013;24:2371–2376.
17. Tsao S, et al. J Thorac Oncol 2016;11:613–638.
18. European Society for Medical Oncology. HER2 in Breast Cancer: ESMO Biomarker Factsheet. Available at: https://oncologypro.esmo.org/Education-Library/Factsheets-on-Biomarkers/HER2-in-Breast-Cancer (Accessed November 2020).
19. Sakabe T, et al. Oncol Lett 2017;13:3703–3708.
20. Bergethon K, et al. J Clin Oncol 2012;30:863–870.
21. Dugay F, et al. Oncotarget 2017;8:53336–53351.
22. Davies K, Doebele RC. Clin Cancer Res 2013;19:4040–4045.
23. Lin J, Shaw A. J Thorac Oncol 2017;12:1611–1625.
24. Okamura R, et al. JCO Precis Oncol 2018;2018.
25. Gagan J, Van Allen EM. Genome Med 2015;7:80.
26. Suh JH, et al. Oncologist 2016;21:684–691.
27. Drilon A, et al. Clin Cancer Res 2015;21:3631–3639.
28. Rankin A, et al. Oncologist 2016;21:1306–1314.
29. Ross JS, et al. Cancer 2016;122:2654–2662.
30. Hirshfield KM, et al. Oncologist 2016;21:1315–1325.
This website is a non-promotional global resource intended to facilitate transparent scientific exchange regarding developments in medical research, diagnostics, and disease management. It is intended for healthcare professionals.
This global website is intended for healthcare professionals outside the UK, US and Australia. The content on this website may include scientific information about experimental or investigational compounds, indications and services that are not approved or valid in your jurisdiction. Registration status and prescribing information of medicinal products may differ between countries. Please refer to local product information for any medicinal products mentioned on this website. Information available on this website does not constitute professional medical advice, and Roche and Genentech accept no responsibility for access to or use of the same.